How to lock apps on iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad running on iOS 13? Today, we’re gonna show you some ways to do it.
What is the concept of locking apps on iOS 13?
Apple is relatively more isolated and concerned about privacy than Google’s Android. Thus, you may not able to lock, hide or clone apps so easily on iOS that you can do on Android much better way.
Recently, Apple moved smartly and introduced “Screen Time” feature on iOS, iPadOS and MacOS. Using this app, you can actually lock apps and unauthorized access to apps, games and whatever you want on your iPhone.
Ultimately, you’re gonna limiting apps or games on your iPhone, iPad or iMac based on time. So, you can now lock apps on iPhone, iMac or any iPad device that can run Mac OS Catalina or above iOS 12. Recently, Apple released iOS 13 and iPhone maker has continued “Screen Time” app on iOS 13 too.
In this method, you’re going to set passcode on your iPhone, iPad or iMac. And then, you’ll lock apps using “Screen Time” app.
Requirements to lock iPhone Apps
There are few things you must note in your mind before thinking about locking apps or any stuff out there on your iPhone or iPad.
- Make sure that “Screen Time” is enabled.
- You can’t instantly lock iPhone app. You must use it for a minute or two before it gets locked.
- You can lock core apps that affect whole phone usage such as Settings app, phone app, wallet app, Clock app and Find my iPhone app.
- You must run on iOS 12 or iOS 13. New firmware edition is most welcome.
How to lock apps on iOS 13
All the apps can be locked that are not under “Always Allowed” or the apps mentioned above. So, you should first remove all the apps that are located under “Always Allowed” menu.
So, do following things first…
- Head to Settings application on your iPhone or iPad.
- In Settings app, you will notice “Screen Time”, tap on it.
- Tap on “Always Allowed” section.
- Remove all the apps under this section.
Now, you’re ready to move to the final step where you can finally lock apps on iPhone without any third party apps. Please note, that this method will smoothly work on iPod Touch, iPad Air, iPad Mini, iPad Pro and all iPad models that run on iOS 12 or iOS 13.
- The same way, open settings and head to Screen Time section.
- Tap on “App Limits” section.
- System will ask you to set “Passcode“. Once you’ll configure and set your iPhone passcode, system will take you the App Limits page.
- On “App Limits” page, you can add apps that you wanna lock. Tap on “Add Limit” link given on the page.
- Choose apps by tapping different categories. Once you’re done, tap on Next.
- Configure time to 1 or 2 minutes time limits. Apps that you’ve chosen in above steps will be locked after time that you’ll choose on this step.
- Finally, tap on “Add” at the top right corner.
Done. All the apps that you’ve locked from above steps will be locked once time ends. Plus, all the apps that you’ve locked will be grayed out in color on home screen of your iPhone or iPad on which you’ve done above steps.
Now, It is your turn
We’re sure that you’ve learned something today from this tutorial. Apple is coming to the point. We assume that you’ll get better control on your privacy by lock apps that you don’t wanna give access to others.
You can extend or increase time limit any time you want. If you’ve locked Facebook, Whatsapp or YouTube, that doesn’t mean that you can use those apps any more. You can increase app limit times any time and unlock apps withing few taps.
Now try yourself on your iPhone or iPad and let us know if you’ve any query, confusion or question regarding lock iPhone apps.
If it is not working, won't download, not opening, then you should report error!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?